Friday 17 January 2014

Inner conflicts

There is a conflict. A conflict of the heart and mind. A conflict of hope and reality. A conflict of who we are and what we have become. A conflict that engulfs family, friends and everything I have held closely to my heart.
This conflict is the conflict of money. The one soul ingredient which can destroy everything and anything which crosses its path. I am saddened by my country's economic system, which forces us to think about the basic necessities of life everyday. I am saddened and hurt that there is absolutely no safety net for people like me to fall back on.
What saddens me the most is that even though I stand up for my country, everybody else is right in their decision to migrate, in search of a better life for their families, so that the family does not need to struggle. I sincerely hope I can pass this economic challenge too.
I used to be a fun person eons ago. I had good friends or so I thought I did. Yet the brazen realities of life took their toll and one by one, the economic system took away all that I loved and cared for. Now it threatens my existence again in its unique and charming manner. But I will continue to fight and stand up just like I always have.
Maybe someday, people of our country can dream of a secure future. Maybe someday, our talent will not be washed away under the dredges of slavery. I will continue to try my best and work for this dream to come true, for I cannot bear to see my country's future generations engrossed in what we are currently busy in today, paying our bills and trying to survive.
Pakistan Zindabad!

No comments:

Post a Comment