Thursday 21 November 2013

Adil Mufti Photography's shoot of the legendary Mobeen Ansari


Serenity and inner peace are the antithesis of personal turmoil. The past few weeks have been very eye opening for me (notice the change to first person). Sickness, photography, meeting amazing people and the sublime power of love have affected me in numerous different ways recently.

One thing I have learnt that it truth lies in the purest of hearts and I now have at least started to see my impurities via a comparative analysis of my soul and those great people I know and have met. And one of the finest people I know is my lovely friend Adil Mufti who owns the photography service Adil Mufti Photography.

Adil invited all of us at Pi Studio over to his shoot, where he shot the legendary Pakistani photojournalist and portrait photographer, the one and only Mobeen Ansari. I have personally been a huge fan of Mobeen's work and have learnt a lot from him. Moreover, Mobeen Ansari continues to be an inspiration to me and all of Pi Studio's members to this day.

When I was reaching the shoot with Hussain and Punhal (Pi Studio members) to meet Adil for the shoot, I did not know that I would be meeting one of the sweetest people I have ever met. The experience of meeting Mobeen Ansari was cathartic itself and made me ponder over my inner battles of rationality versus my heart.

I felt as if my dead soul had been run over by a truckload of positivity and patriotism. Mobeen Ansari told us about his upcoming book, which we all are eagerly waiting for. He taught us how he talks to his subjects to get them at ease and get the best portraits. Moreover, he also told us of his assignments in interior Sindh for various developmental agencies for whom he shoots various assignments.

In the end what all of us at Pi Studio learnt from Mobeen Ansari was that simplicity, humility, hard work and dedication to a purpose greater than oneself and the material life are the true core to self-satisfaction. Moreover, we also learnt that  Mobeen Ansari aims to spread optimism by highlighting great stories and Pakistan’s great national heroes (such as Wasim Akram, Imran Khan and countless other great people) through his great work.

All of us at Pi Studio would love to thank Adil Mufti for inviting us to the shoot. Moreover, Adil has always inspired us by his entrepreneurship ideas and ventures such as his photography service called Adil Mufti Photography and his clothing brand called Silaayi. The future looks bright for Pakistan when we have such great people like Adil Mufti and Mobeen Ansari.

The following are the links to the various web pages of Mobeen Ansari and Adil Mufti:

For Mobeen Ansari's astounding work please click here

For images of Mobeen Ansari's shoot done by Adil Mufti please click here

For Adil Mufti's Photography page please click here

For Silaayi's page please click here


PAKISTAN PAINDABAD!

No comments:

Post a Comment